Welcome to my new and improved personal blog. My name is Alwyn Sy, a law graduate, marathoner and volunteer business coach of Create Abundance International Business Community. My passion is running and I want to be financially free to be able to run around the world. Our mission in the community is to spread financial education to the Filipino people. It is also our dream to lay the foundation for First-World Philippines and Filipinos to be world-class entrepreneurs. Aside from helping out in our family's garments business, I am also an International Executive of Nu Skin Enterprises, a company specializing in health, beauty and anti-aging. Hope you enjoy reading some of the articles (business, running and anything under the sun).

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Why Network Marketing

Before I joined the community, I was one of those against network marketing. The mere mention of the words "networking" and "MLM" conjured images of dark pyramids, promises of earning huge amounts of money without working, the face of that Japanese dude who perfected a scam decades ago and getting away with it, and the showing off of riches and the desperate recruitment methods. I almost joined one of them years ago, and after that traumatic incident, I swore not to join an MLM (multi-level marketing) Company and just follow my dream of being a lawyer and/or focusing on my business....



Fast forward September 27, 2010, a day after Bar Exams. I realized that focusing on my law career alone will not make me reach for my dreams that fast (unless I would give in to sacrificing some of my values.). I needed to find other ways of becoming financially free. My life partner Coach Jenny Sia was the one who introduced me to Create Abundance and made me attend Module 1 of the Wealth Course. Although I already have an "insider information" about the businesses that the community teaches, I decided to
suspend my previous beliefs and keep an open mind. After attending all the modules, finishing the tasks and finally being part of the Core Team, I now realize that not all MLM's are illegal. Well, there are the
good ones and the bad ones. Unfortunately here in our country, the industry has a tainted image, so it's really up to us to check out whether the company we want to be part of is on the "right side of the fence."



So why Network Marketing? Here are a few reasons why this is an effective way of not only making you successful, but also making others successful as well.

1. Low price of entry - Unlike when you start your own business where you would need a huge amount of money for capital, in network marketing, you get to be part of the business for a minimal amount of investment.

2. Established business system - Most legal MLM's have established systems which are tried and tested to make you successful if you devote your time and effort to it.

3. Education - A good network marketing group makes sure you grow and develop as a leader, and not as a mere distributor or self-employed person.

4. Mentorship - What better way to be successful than to learn from mentors and coaches who have already been there.

How to choose the right MLM for you? Tune in to the next post!

1 comment:

  1. I like the resources which you mention in your blog but there are more resources which you can use. I hope in you next article you include these resources too.
    amy walker radio host

    ReplyDelete