Welcome to my new and improved personal blog. My name is Alwyn Sy, a law graduate, marathoner and volunteer business coach of Create Abundance International Business Community. My passion is running and I want to be financially free to be able to run around the world. Our mission in the community is to spread financial education to the Filipino people. It is also our dream to lay the foundation for First-World Philippines and Filipinos to be world-class entrepreneurs. Aside from helping out in our family's garments business, I am also an International Executive of Nu Skin Enterprises, a company specializing in health, beauty and anti-aging. Hope you enjoy reading some of the articles (business, running and anything under the sun).

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Am...

For those who don't know me yet, thank you very much for visiting my blog. Allow me to introduce myself:

I graduated Year 2000 at Uno High School. I was just an average student. Never made it to the Honors List (the only time I got up the stage was a Best In Conduct award in Grade 6.). Fortunately, I was able to get in my dream school - Ateneo de Manila University and graduated Year 2004 with a degree in Legal Management. Again, I was just an average joe in school, never made it to the Dean's List and even flunked one subject. I was never that active in school organizations, and back then I knew that I will never excel in the corporate world. My parents wanted me to go to law school and become the first lawyer of our clan. Although I was already having second thoughts of taking up law during my third year in college (when my Labor Law prof back then already uttered a power declaration that I will never be a lawyer), I decided to give it a shot and fulfill my parents' wishes.

First three years I took up law in San Beda College. Had experienced a breakdown and eventually transferred and graduated at Arellano University. Took the Bar last September 2010. I was not among those who passed the "Bloodiest" Bar Exams. Did my world crumble? Did I break down and cry? No. Quite frankly, I was happy and felt a sigh of relief.

You see, being an entrepreneur is in my bloodstream. Never did I picture myself on an 8-5 job. I also realized that had I pursued my parents' dream for me to be a lawyer, I will just be mediocre. Quite frankly, another reason why I chose to finish my law degree is to add credibility and use it as an advantage in setting up my own business. "Social justice" through the glory of litigation is not my cup of tea. Our country has a lot of very brilliant and talented lawyers. I don't need to be one of them. What I truly wanted to be is an entrepreneur - someone who can provide a lot of solutions to the needs of people. Someone who can empower Filipinos help improve their lives and create improvements and more opportunities to our country. This is my dream of a social justice.

And then I stumbled upon Create Abundance when it was referred to me by my life partner Jenny, and from that day on, I knew this is where I'm meant to be.

I am Alwyn Sy, and my mission is to help thousands of our countrymen become world-class entrepreneurs. My dream is for our country to get back on its feet and be a First-World Country.

If deep down inside you know you are meant for something bigger, trust me, I know the feeling. I encourage you to join me on this journey to self-fulfillment and be a contribution to others. We are now waging a war against financial ignorance and crab mentality. The question for you now is, are you ready to take action?

"We go through life...When we're trying to pick our career, everyone tells us, "Well, you should do what you enjoy.' Well, I enjoyed snow skiing and basketball, but I was never going to make a living in either of those fields. What people should be saying is: 'You need to do something that matches with your values.' It is there that you will find your purpose, your passion and success at many levels." - Blake Roney, founder and chairman of Nu Skin Enterprises

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alwyn! I like your mission - to help thousands of our countrymen become world-class entrepreneurs. Good luck on your endeavors. :)

    Rexie

    ReplyDelete